Free HPI Checks do not exist – however we have found you a great car checking company - Visit Autocheck Now
- Check For Outstanding Finance
- Find Out If The Car Has Ever Been Written Off
- Learn If It Is Reported Stolen
- Be Sure That The Mileage Is Genuine
- Comprehensive Vehicle Check – over 26 checks done!
- Only £5 per each car checked, cheapest in the UK
- Guarantee - you are covered for £30,000 for any errors
Do not risk your new car for the price of a few pounds. Thousands of people get a HPI/vehicle check done everyday to avoid being scammed.
What Is A HPI Check And Why Should You Get One?
With the rapidly increasing incidence of car crime nowadays, one can never be completely sure of the history of second-hand cars being sold in the market. Some of them may be stolen vehicles, whilst others may have outstanding payments that the previous owner had left. The only way to be certain that you are buying a clean vehicle is to have a HPI check done on it.
So what is a HPI check, anyway? HPI is a private company in the UK that has been serving buyers in the second-hand vehicle market by investigating the history of the vehicle they are interested in purchasing. They have close ties with major car manufacturers and dealers in the country and in other parts of the world.
An HPI check can tell you a lot of things about a used car that a dealer will not disclose or may not even know about. Following are some of the things that a HPI information check can reveal:
- Outstanding payments. Each year, thousands of used car buyers in the UK end up inadvertently buying used cars that have outstanding payments. Oftentimes, they think they are getting a good bargain on the vehicle because the owners usually sell these at a largely discounted price. However, they end up paying more because they are also forced to shoulder the outstanding balance on the car payments.
Until they have finished off these payments, they will also not be eligible for the protection of the Sale of Goods Act of 1979, nor will they be considered the legal owner of the car. Such massive problems can be avoided by having a HPI check conducted on the vehicle prior to making the purchase.
- Write offs. When a car becomes too damaged beyond repair for any reason, they are written off because they are deemed to be unsafe for road use. Buying such cars will be tantamount to putting yourself and your family in unnecessary danger. HPI looks at various databases, including that of the Association of British Insurers, to check whether a particular used vehicle has been written off or not.
- Stolen vehicles. A HPI investigation will scan the records of the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) and the police to identify vehicles that have been reported stolen. Almost 30 vehicles per day in the used car market are discovered as stolen after conducting a HPI check.
- Clocked vehicles. These are used cars that have falsified mileage records. Whilst you can verify a car’s mileage on previous MoT test certificates, the only way to be sure is to consult the national mileage register and HPI can do this for you.
- Cloned vehicles. Some unscrupulous used car dealers will go to great lengths to cover up the identity of a stolen vehicle by changing the VIN or vehicle identification number, registration number and chassis number. Such tactics may easily work with ordinary people but they can’t go past the watchful eye of the HPI.
Anyone can get a HPI check for a standard fee. Thanks to the Internet and modern technology, you can do it all online and get the results within minutes.